Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hit the Ground Running

hand shoes

What a whirlwind the last couple of weeks have been! I've been absent from this space for a little while because I was in New York City! The last post was made from the hardwood floor of my friend Heather's apartment in Manhattan. Isn't that crazy? I've always wanted to see the city -- last time I was there I was 8, and I only remember the throngs of yellow cabs -- but I never really thought I'd ever go, but I did! I have a million photos to share, but first, I have to tell you why I've hit the ground running. Last Wednesday night, as I had just zipped my suitcase shut for my NY adventure, Cynthia at Blazing Needles, the lovely yarn shop I visited two weeks ago to re-learn how to knit, invited me to show/sell my work at her first-ever local artist night tomorrow from 6-9pm in conjunction with gallery stroll. I've been running around like mad, gathering ribbon to package my brand new (brand new!) note cards, ordering prints, driving to Ikea during rush hour traffic to buy new frames, meeting with Cynthia, and tonight, I'll be framing 16 prints. I'm so excited about this event, and I can't wait to get my display all set up!

So, in closing, if you're in Salt Lake City tomorrow night from 6-9ish, stop by Blazing Needles to see beautiful work by textile artists, woodworkers, jewelers, potters, and me! 1365 South 1100 East. Start your holiday shopping right here.

PS: The lovely knitted "hand shoes" up above, yeah, they're at Blazing Needles. It's such a cool place. Just come.

3 comments:

Debbie E said...

thats awesome,really wish I could come. Congrats and hope its wonderderful

WendyL said...

It was a great show. You show well!

Tim said...

Thanks for the awesome comments. I love your blog as well. Keep posting! You have been absent----but for good reason. Hope you enjoyed the city.

- tim