Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Case of Bug Spray

Welcome to Idaho





Two weeks ago, I had to (got to) go to Idaho for work. My aunt joined me since my husband was in Minneapolis for work, and she was so kind to do so. She was such a good sport as I dragged her through middle-of-nowhere sections of the Boise, Sawtooth, and Salmon-Challis National Forests, nearly 150 miles of dirt roads (one road alone was 70 miles of dirt), swarming mosquitoes and biting flies, and one of the most rustic places I've ever stayed. In the four days we were on the road, I added 1100 miles to my odometer as we drove from home to Boise to Cascade to Warm Lake to Stanley to Ketchum, and back home, and all but the home to Boise/Twin Falls to home parts were jaw-dropping gorgeous. Mountains and trees and lakes and wildlife around every corner. I must return to the Sawtooths with my husband and kayaks, good hiking shoes, and a case of bug spray. Thanks for road trippin' with me, Non! You were great company!

I shot over 300 images with my digital camera for work, but as always, I packed a small assortment of cameras I actually like so I could take real pictures while I was there. I shot with my K1000 (images above, and more on Flickr), several Polaroids soon to be posted here and on Flickr, and one and a half rolls in my Banner. I need to shoot the other half of the half-roll, but I picked up the other roll a few minutes ago (and a roll I shot in Flaming Gorge over the Fourth) and can't wait to get scanning. Later tonight, perhaps...

No comments: