Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tulips, a Turtle, and Two Thrifties




I am a little ashamed to say that it's after 2 on a Saturday afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas, but for good reason. I have had the busiest month of my life, and today was the first Saturday in a very long time that I've had nowhere to go, and nowhere to be, except home. I scanned the rest of my 35mm film from Moab last weekend, rearranged my desk to fit my cool thrift store find, and did a little research on the Epson V500. The time is near for a new scanner. My five-year old 4870 is knock knock knockin' on heaven's door, and very urgently I might add. I also scanned a few new Polaroids, including these above.

Whenever I shoot a new Polaroid, it usually becomes my favorite, and these three are no exception. The first I made at Saans on Thursday. The lovely orange tulips were such a welcome spring sight, and behind them hangs my work in the For the Love of Polaroid show. The opening was last Friday and it was awesome, and not just because I sold two pieces. The second Polaroid is of my turtle friend made by the talented and oh-so-sweet Claire of My Favourite Dress on Etsy. I saw one on Flickr that she made for a friend, so I bought/traded her for one, and tomorrow it's headed to its new home, the home of a friend who's having her first baby. I hope she likes it. The third Polaroid is a reminder of last weekend's goodness. Elizabeth was here and surprised me with a Rachel Ann Austin original, which I absolutely adore. Last Friday, we went thrifting and found the cool green file box and the robin's egg blue bowl that I just couldn't live without. I threw in the potted tulip for good measure, and also because in two weeks, it's gone from a half-inch sprout to all that tall, fresh green. Mmm.

I also just wanted to tell Elizabeth, Heather, and Teri thank you so much for such a great last weekend. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks, nor have I shot that much in months. What fun! When and where are we going next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would love to still be in my pajamas at 2 on a saturday. i might have to put that on my list of things to do this year... lovely photos.