Wednesday, August 15, 2012

'Roid Week - Day 3

timber sale

smoke

For Day 3 of 'Roid Week, I posted two images from my Polaroid Automatic 220 Land Camera. Both images are Fuji FP-3000B film, and both from the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming. I was out in the woods for the Forest Service, and was joined by Heather (thank you, friend!). She's a film wizard (she doesn't even own a digital camera!) and she is very familiar with pack film. She convinced me to toss the positive and scan the negative instead, then invert in in Photoshop.... and these are the results. I like them. Thanks girl!

The first image is from our long, dusty drive down the Greys River Road. We were only about 18 miles down the road when we came upon a timber sale, or the preparations for one, I should say. The second image, of the Fontanelle Fire burning near Big Piney, Wyoming, is from where the Greys meets La Barge Road and Smith's Fork Road at Tri-Basin Divide. In all, we traveled 82.3 miles of dirt road that day; some of it was very well-maintained, some of it was in terrible condition with large rocks and ruts. I even moved branches off the road at one point. It took us about 2.5 hours to pass through a 20-mile section. Oy. All in all, it was an awesome day though, and allowed me to cross #31 off my birthday list.

Come back tomorrow for Day 4!

1 comment:

Ashley Moore said...

I just read something about bleaching negatives from Fuji 100C pack film. And now this idea about inverting negatives. I need to start keeping my negatives! My only issue is they are so sticky... normally I just stuff my shots in my purse, but with this... I need to come up with a different plan.

Love these two shots! They're fantastic!