Monday, December 07, 2009

New York City #5

I meant to post day 5 last week, but got completely sidetracked by all of my day 4 photos... So day 5, my last day in the city, didn't start out with an A train ride to 14th and a walk to Murray's. Instead, it started off with a little sleeping in, breakfast at Heather's, then the A train to 125th, and a cab ride to LaGuardia. I was headed home. I thought for sure that it would take a half hour at the very least to get through checking my bag and going through security, and I didn't know how crazy the airport would be (because everyone says how crazy LaGuardia is), so I got out of the cab three hours before my flight left. Well, I'm now considering LaGuardia to be the Boise (Idaho) International Airport of New York. Boise is tiny and is never busy. Ever. I was through check-in and security at LaGuardia in five minutes flat. Five minutes! So I had three whole hours to kill in a boring airport. Ugh. I knitted a little, watched Once again and a few other videos on my iPod, walked up and down the C terminal, and had a delicious soft pretzel from Auntie Annie's (I think). It was not a bona fide New York City pretzel, but it still hit the spot. Minutes later, I finally got on the plane.

We landed at Chicago Midway 15 minutes early, meaning I now had a 3 1/2 hour layover in the airport I had just spent 3 1/2 hours in five days earlier. I walked up and down the A, B, and C terminals for an hour before I got dinner at Potbelly Sandwich Works, which has a pretty tasty Italian sub (my favorite sandwich in the world), then walked A, B, and C again for an hour, then grabbed some pumpkin cheesecake ice cream from Ben & Jerry's, and went to my gate to chill for a little while. I eventually boarded the plane, then a flight attendant made the announcement that we were waiting for two passengers whose connecting flights were delayed, and there were audible groans from other passengers, and there we sat for 30 minutes before they finally arrived. Luckily though, I think Southwest adds a good half hour onto their arrival times, because we "made up the time in the air" and got in to SLC a half hour early. Yay!

I had an amazing time in New York, and was so lucky to have a wonderful tour guide and friend to show me around and show off all the cool places. I just loooove New York City now and can't wait to go back. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you Heather! You rock.

1 comment:

Heather Tullis Photography said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for coming! Come back asap!