Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Into the Woods






My book, Into the Woods: A Season on the National Forests is now available right here at Blurb! It's a collection of photos I made over the summer as I worked my way through 11 national forests and 132 campgrounds during my seasonal contract with the US Forest Service. As I traveled through campgrounds in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nevada, I hauled along various Polaroid cameras, toy cameras, and my beloved K1000, and burned through a lot of film, and even a few pixels now and then. I'm offering the book as a softcover option only, in hopes of making it affordable. It's square, 142 pages, and has over 150 photos inside, color and b/w, and I'm just really, really excited about it. I hope you'll check it out and consider adding a copy to your bookshelf.

7 comments:

Astrid said...

It looks beautiful!

Juli said...

Steph, it looks awesome! Congratulations! I will definitely pick one up after I see some more bags at the shop! Can't wait.

thatsjustitphoto said...

Looks amazing. really. the book makes me jealous. I would love to spend that much time in the woods. congrats on the book.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the book! I'd love to own a copy someday. Adding it to my wishlist right now.

Doug Richardson said...

Steph: The book looks great. Congrats on getting it done.

How is the paper quality? I made a small book for my wife three years ago and it was okay.

Thanks.

Doug

Shukura Li said...

lovely

congratulations

Ivan said...

First time reading this thanks for sharing