Thursday, June 04, 2009

Goodbye Local Color!

I'm both happy and sad to announce that I'm retiring my Local Color series at the end of the month, but it's going out with a bang. Several years ago, determined to get outside and beat the winter blues, I loaded my Holga with Fuji NPH 400 and drove downtown and shot my very first image of what turned into a nice little series for me. I've had the opportunity to show it in four exhibits since 2007, and its last public appearance will be right across the street from where I shot that very first image and fell in love with the idea of shooting these types of facades in my hometown. I've been so happy with this project, and I had a great time shooting it over the years, and I'm happy that its last show will be at home in Ogden. The opening is tomorrow night at the Gallery at the Station at the Ogden Union Station on 25th and Wall Avenue from 6-8, and the show runs through June 30. Please feel free to stop by to say hello to me and goodbye to Local Color. (You can click on the postcard to make it bigger.)

No comments: