Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Firsts and News

trains

I'm happy to announce lots of new things. First off, I'm in the process of updating my Etsy shop with this image and close to 20 others, in celebration of the upcoming launch of my new website. Stay tuned! For the Saans Polaroid show last month, you might remember how I framed all of my Polaroids. I decided to post these on Flickr and on my new website, and sell the prints this way on Etsy. I'm really excited about it and I hope to make a few sales. Hint, hint!

This weekend was full of new things and firsts. All four of my tulips bloomed and are so pretty. Saturday, I found myself trying corned beef and cabbage for the first time in my life. We went to a St. Patrick's Day party at the home of one of my husband's friends, and he and his wife crock-potted the Irish fare. It was good but different. Later that night, I played Guitar Hero for my first time. It was so fun! I played "Crazy Train" on my second try, but just with the strummer. A couple songs later, I started playing the buttons on the beginner level. I could have played all night. I told Travis to absolutely not allow me to purchase said game. I would be so addicted. He agreed.

Sunday evening we walked over to the park around the corner and played disc golf for the first time this season. The weather was perfect, and after a few initial bad tosses, we remembered how to throw our discs. I'm looking so forward to a summer of playing in the park.

I finished out my weekend yesterday with a ride on Frontrunner with my sister and niece and nephew. They had never ridden it before, so we decided to go for an adventure. We had lunch at The Counter at the Gateway and it was tasty. We spent some time at Build-a-Bear so my niece could do just that, and we grabbed some cookies, caramel apples, and an ice cream cone on our way back to the train.

Please check back for the launch of my new website (hopefully this week) and for Etsy shop updates. I'm very excited about it all. It's high time I dedicated some time to both.

No comments: