Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Still Warm


It's tough realizing that something is coming to an end, especially when that something is the summertime (and I know it's not over yet), and especially when you feel that it's gone by all too fast, but I learned something new this week about my lovely new house: at 7:30, the summer sun dips below the trees over yonder and leaves my deck under a blanket of shade, still warm with the day's heat. We've been hurrying outside every night this week just at that moment, lighting a lemony citronella candle to keep the mosquitoes at bay, and playing cards or just talking. It's perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how nice. i love that idea of sitting on the deck playing cards and enjoying the warm evening and each others' company. we didn't quite make it there much, this summer (my husband has been working late, lately), but soon, hopefully. lovely photo.