Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Foto Hut


I'm in love with the notion of updating my blog more frequently, say two or three times a week, but the fact of the matter is that I just don't have that interesting of a life. I've certainly been shooting enough Polaroids to post two or three times a week, but I'm still lacking the inspiration to shoot more and write more. Perhaps it's not the inspiration I'm lacking, but the time, but hopefully since we no longer have a 2.5+ hour daily commute to/from work, I'll have more time to do the things I've had to keep tucked away in closets, boxes, Rubbermaid bins, and the back of my mind.

We've been in our new house for one month and one day, and as of last night at 10pm, my office, my "Foto Hut" is now up and running. We had to paint the room (3 coats of primer alone just to cover the previous owner's two-tone blues) and then began the task of reconstructing my desk, file cabinet and bookshelves, and after that, it was time to disperse the contents of about ten boxes full of interesting office things: photo books and magazines, binders of negatives, stacks of prints, Indiana Jones action figures, rocks, sheets of felt, bags of yarn, dozens of pens, markers, a bendable Kermit the Frog, our Jerry Garcia doll... And now, thankfully, the "Foto Hut" is put together and ready for me to get down to business, or at least something that resembles it, and to commemorate the event, I reopened my Etsy shop today and sincerely hope to add new items very soon. It's been long and harshly neglected ever since we put our house up for sale and began the whole arduous real estate process, but now that we're good and settled, I hope to make up for it.

So what's up with the corn on the cob thingies? I don't know. I'm obsessed with my Polaroid SLR 680 and can't set the table without placing my camera and new close-up filters next to my plate. There's just something so special about Polaroid. The two things I've nailed down are the instant gratification and the colors. The tactile object in my hands and the kooky Polaroid smell aren't half bad either. I also love corn on the cob.

2 comments:

Grant Edwards said...

excellent photo. i'm new to this and just checking out different people's photos and how they present them.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Steph

I love to see what you do,your work is great. I love the itsy thing, I wish I had something to sell.
Have you been to my blog?
thelittlerockingchair.blogspot.com

CindyGeilmann