Sunday, February 19, 2012

Resulting Blur

haze

It's Sunday morning. Four new inches of snow cover the ground. Cinnamon scones are baking in the oven. I'm listening to Tina Turner. What? My husband played "We Don't Need Another Hero" as a joke a few weeks ago and it sent me down the Youtube rabbit hole. Why does that always happen? Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it's a lovely day and I've got a few minutes to update this space.

dreaming

I've been posting these photos over on Flickr. They're from our amazing trip to Yosemite last fall. I shot them in my Kodak Duaflex III, a favorite camera of mine that I haven't shot with in quite a while. And it's evident that I need to pick it up more often because I forgot about the whole focusing thing. I was using it as a point & shoot, but it's not mean to be used that way. But the resulting blur, oh my. I just love it.

Memorial Point

It's only been a few months since our trip, and thankfully I still remember it like it was yesterday. But eventually, as time goes by and details are lost, my memories of the place will start to resemble these photos. And you know what that will mean. It's time to go back.

path

2 comments:

Ashley Moore said...

It's amazing how much mystery some lack of focus will add to a photo. It works especially well in the 1st and 3rd photos. Amazing!

Elizabeth Soule said...

Love the blurry photos. You keep making Yosemite sound better and better. Ralph and I on a road trip?