Sunday, April 18, 2010

Getaway


Guess where I just got home from? Arches! My sweet husband surprised me with a weekend getaway. He sprung it on me Friday, telling me to pack my bags. We camped at the only place with vacancies - the KOA (at least the toilets flushed!) and hiked the Sandstone Arch/Broken Arch loop, the North/South Windows trail at sunset, Delicate Arch this morning, and Devil's Garden this afternoon. Margaritas were sipped, photos were made, and a fine weekend was had.

On the way there, I bought the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone and shot more with that than any of the film I had taken. It was kind of fun to mess around with, knowing that I wouldn't have to make trips to the photo lab to develop film or spend time scanning, scanning, scanning. I have lots to share, including a cool Polaroid transfer, but I haven't even unpacked yet. Hope you all had as lovely a weekend as I did.

2 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

I grew up near Arches and spent a LOT of time there. Isn't it a beautiful space. Spiritual, sacred, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing about the iPhone app. I'm going to check it out.

Excited to see what other pics you took,

Sarah Ann.

Anna said...

Oh everyone at my work has been loving the Hipstamatic. It is fun to see the results.