Monday, March 15, 2010

#21


Thanks to my sister-in-law, I got the kick I needed to cross #21 off my list, to make Dana Treat's Nutella Pound Cake, and damn, was it delicious. Read all about it on my slowly developing food blog, Budding Foodie.

In other news, my awesome new bathroom is just that. Awesome and new! I don't have any photos to share yet because I'm waiting till it's 100% finished. It's all but done, but we still have to install a wood trim piece, but my dad's planer and chop saw are up in his wood shop at the family cabin and there's still three feet of snow in the driveway so we can't get the truck up there. We thought about tromping the 1/8 mile up the driveway and hauling the tools out in a sled, but if we just wait two more weeks, the warm March weather will help us out. Anyway, back to the bathroom... I can't wait to post photos of it. I still can't believe it's my bathroom. It's like a spa, with plush new towels and a sweet square rug (I love squares!), a rain showerhead, and new everything. Also, I know this is silly, but since we've lived in this house, I haven't had a toilet paper holder. The existing one was in such an awkward place behind the toilet that I just didn't use it, but now, in my beautiful new bathroom, I have a toilet paper holder in a normal place for the first time in almost two years! It's just so exciting! I'll post photos as soon as that trim is done, so hang tight!

2 comments:

Matt Allen Photography said...

I can't put my finger on the "why" but your coffee cake photo made me smile. Print it out large and hang that up in your kitchen!

Kylewis said...

It's the simple things in life that count and amazingly we put up with waiting for ever for them, glad you have a toilet roll holder! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for lighting in the kitchen...six years and waiting!