Thursday, September 03, 2009

Balloons

three ballons



one overhead
three overhead

A couple weekends ago, some friends invited us to join them at the Ogden Valley Balloon Festival, and I jumped at the chance. My husband and I had gone before, but it was years ago and ironically, no balloons were up, but I've learned now that they only launch in the mornings. Anyway, we turned the invite into an overnight thing and stayed up at my family's cabin. We went to the festival that Saturday night when three balloons were inflated, so we walked around, snapped a few photos, and listened to some local band on stage. The next morning, Kristy and I rolled out of bed at 5:15 and were stationed, cameras in hand, on the field at 6AM when the balloons were rolled out of their trailers and the task of readying them for launch began. It was amazing to say the very least. I was like a kid in a candy shop. I shot almost two 36-exposure rolls in my K1000, finished off a roll in my Banner, and shot 11 Polaroids. I can't wait for next year!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great subject to shoot ~ I love the images you got... I don't know if I could have gotten up at 5:15!! :)

Michael Van der Tol said...

These are all wonderful images. My favorite is the last - with the balloons directly overhead.

hbynoe said...

i love hot air balloons...looking forward to others :)