Monday, December 29, 2008

Take-out

Chinese take-out
I pulled some cinnamon rolls out of the oven Christmas morning, slathered on some cream cheese frosting and took them downstairs for us to eat while we did our Christmas. Trav was standing in front of the couch, and with a smile on his face, he revealed my stocking, and said "It has an Asian theme!" My knit reindeer stocking was nestled between all of this stuff and I was so surprised. He went to two different Chinese restaurants and the grocery store to obtain everything, and spent a lot of time working on it. And of course, inside my stocking were all of my favorite chocolate and peanut butter treats: M&M'S, Reese's miniatures and Reese's trees. I'm just amazed at how sweet he is and how much effort he puts into making things perfect for me. And I say that with a heavy heart because I effed up a couple weeks ago.

Remember the vintage Brownie ornament? A friend called, saying she saw them at the Sundance catalog store for cheap and to go get some, so I did, but it turns out my wonderful, thoughtful husband had been stalking the same ornaments at World Market in South Salt Lake since Thanksgiving, waiting for them to go on sale because they were so freaking expensive, and when I went and bought them at Sundance, I blew his Christmas idea for me. You see, his family has a rule about buying things for yourself between Halloween and Christmas, and I never follow the rule, but clearly, I should have. I definitely learned my lesson this year because I broke my husband's heart, and I never want to do that again. I'm very sorry, dude. Your wife is an ass.

1 comment:

C Gary Moyer said...

Chinese food and Christmas day- How "Christmas Story" is that! hope your holidays were great :)