Sunday, November 05, 2006

Caught Up

I’m finally taking a big sigh of relief. I’ve caught myself up completely after being behind on my own photography for weeks. I quickly learned this summer that after working eight hours a day on someone else’s photography, the last thing I want to do after work is come home and work on my own. I buckled down this week though and finally got through five rolls of negatives and a horrible case of scanner blues. My Epson scan software went kaput so I was forced to seek an alternative. For about a week, I debated between getting a new scanner or just buying VueScan. I thought the $50 option was better than the $500 option, but now I’m stumbling my way through the new software. After the scanner woes subsided, I sent off two of my images - “Saltair Sunset” and “Mingle” - to the Toy Polloy show beginning Nov. 17 at the Icehouse in Lexington, KY. Thanks Tread! And just this morning, I finalized 33 new images for my website! They’ll be up soon so please check back.

Here are a few more images from a visit to Robert Smithson’s Spiral Jetty. I’ve become a recent fan of my $1 yellow panorama camera a photo pal named Sam gave me a couple years ago.

road to the Jetty


Spiral Jetty and someone’s back seat


abandoned oil-extracting equipment

No comments: