Sunday, February 27, 2005

Meet 'n' Greet

Welcome to my blog! I’ve been trying to think of something witty and profound to welcome you all with but, well, I’m not witty or profound! Instead, here are some words about photography:

“…why choose (why photograph) this object, this moment, rather than some other?”
--Roland Barthes, Camera Lucida: Reflections on Photography

“My shutter opened, then closed. My journey began.” --Jim Brandenburg, Chased by Light: A 90-Day Journey

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” --Ansel Adams

“A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.” --Diane Arbus

“This microwave is for testing dry down, not for heating your food!” --handwritten note left on the ancient microwave in my college photo lab

Please check out my photography and comment as much or as little as you’d like. I plan on updating my blog weekly, so I hope you’ll visit again. Thanks!

No comments: