Sunday, February 27, 2005


For five months in 1999, my husband and I worked in Yellowstone National Park and have since developed a wild obsession with the place. Its scenery, geology and spirit are unmatched anywhere in the world. We have since made five return trips, including one in 2001 for our wedding at Mammoth Hot Springs. On the most recent trip in 2003, I took 19 rolls of Tri-X 400 for my "Photographing the West" class in college. These are two of my favorites. This image was taken at the Bunsen Peak trailhead near Mammoth Hot Springs in Swan Lake Flat. The trail is an easy 2.5 miles to the peak, with its sweeping views of the Beartooth, Gallatin and Madison mountain ranges, as well as the tiny establishment of Mammoth Hot Springs, the town of Gardiner, Montana and Swan Lake Flat below.

No comments: