Tuesday, March 11, 2014
My instructor's sentiments stuck with me though, and it took almost 10 years before I shot anything vertically. I shot a roll of 35 last summer and forced myself to think up-and-down, instead of left-to-right. I could feel my instructor rolling her eyes at me. But I did it, and I sort of liked it. I really love the idea of shooting two vertical images and pairing them as a diptych, a la my most favorite photos ever of Heather Howard's (but let's be honest... everything she does is amazing), and when I have more time to shoot this summer, I'm going to give it a try. I don't think in pairs, so it'll be a fun challenge.
1. The Subversive Charm of Day Drinking - It's from 2012, but was a fun little read. Bonus points for the playlist at the end.
2. The Salt and Pepper Diner - Anything John Mulaney, but especially this.
3. Urban Farming Magazine - Hooray for a new subscription! Can't wait to get my first copy.
4. Egg Quesadillas w/Poblano Corn Relish - These are going on my table tomorrow. Fo sho.
5. Which classic rock band are you? - Led Zeppelin. Rightfully so.
6. Barack, Between Two Ferns - So much of me wants Zach Galifianakis to be like this in real life.
7. Want, want, want x4 - I love Klean Kanteen!
8. Tour de Coffee - There should be a tour for the entire Oregon Coast. Just saying.
9. Crunchy Quinoa Granola - Getting a batch in the oven this afternoon.
10. The Doubles Project - You need some new art on your walls.