Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Colorado on Redscale














We love Colorado. Last year, 2012, we flew to Denver for a concert at Red Rocks, it was Yonder Mountain String Band, I believe, and rented a car we called "the pickle" - an ugly, ugly pickle-green, cheap compact that got us around not in style. It was brand new, had less than 100 miles on it, but ugh, it was ugly. It got us where we wanted to go though, which included Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park and Trail Ridge Road, Grand Lake, and Red Rocks. And Boulder the next morning for breakfast and a river walk.

I took along my Pentax K1000 and a roll of redscale film, which is regular color film rolled backwards into its canister. It ends up with these crazy red, yellow, orange, and purple tones, and since I always wanted to shoot a roll, I did. Now I never need to again. I like the results, but they are pretty wild. Stay tuned for some not-weird images from our Colorado trip from this year, also in August.

2 comments:

Ashley Moore said...

What beautiful photos! I've never tried a red scale film. I love my blues and greens too much, I think I would miss them if they didn't show up in a photo.

Unknown said...

nice results >

?I think this is the first time I have seen COLOUR RED SCALE?