Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grace Potter!


Last night we were dazzled by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals at a free concert at Snowbird. After belting out her amazing music for about an hour and a half, Grace hung out at the merch tent to sign things and take pictures with her fans. My friend Amanda and I stood in line for a couple minutes and then got to chat with Grace for about five (which is an eternity when you're chatting with a rock star!). I asked if I could take a picture of her with my Polaroid camera and she gasped and said "I LOVE POLAROID! We tour with like, five Polaroid cameras!" She told us that she did a Polaroid shoot with The Flight of the Concords and "did crazy stuff, like put my legs over the guys" (and at this point, she threw her leg into the air while she told the story) "and then I left all the Polaroids in a cab."

As Grace was signing Amanda's new shirt, I told Grace I met her at Red Rocks two years ago and she kind of rolled her eyes and smiled and said "I apologize. That was a... cuh-razy show." I just laughed and said how great it was and she said thanks. We took some pictures together and then I took the Polaroid and she signed it. Grace Potter kicks ass.

More shots on my Flickr, and this shot also made it onto This is Somewhere, the Grace Potter & the Nocturnals blog!

No comments: